At Fairview Dental Group, we provide you with expert care in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of oral health conditions that may require surgical intervention. Should your oral condition become too severe for less invasive procedures, we are fully equipped to provide you with the care you need to ease discomfort and restore your health. We will work closely with you to ensure that you feel informed of every option available and that you are comfortable as we proceed with treatment.
Our CredentialsOral and maxillofacial surgeons are required to receive extensive education, mastering the aesthetics and function of the mouth, and building a vast understanding of surgical techniques. They have an unparalleled understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of trauma or conditions that may affect the teeth, mouth, jawbone, and face. They are required to follow the four-year dental school curriculum and then have an additional four years in a hospital-based surgical residency program. Our oral and maxillofacial surgical program at Fairview Dental Group consists of highly educated and experienced surgical professionals that can provide you with optimal care and relieve your painful symptoms.
How We Can HelpOur staff is highly trained in cutting-edge procedures to help you with a variety of conditions. In your consultation appointment, we will discuss which possible treatments would be most suitable to alleviate any symptoms that are causing you concern. Some of the treatments and procedures we offer include:
- Tooth Extractions / Impacted Teeth / Wisdom Teeth – Tooth extraction is the most common form of oral surgery, consisting of the removal of a natural tooth from its socket in the bone. Wisdom teeth or impacted teeth (teeth that have been blocked as they push through the gum tissue) may also require extraction.
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) or Facial Pain, Facial Reconstruction – This surgery is required for remedying injury or damage to the joint that connects the jaw to the skull.
- Dental Implants – The insertion of titanium dental tooth replacement implants that eventually fuse to the surrounding bone, allowing them to ultimately act as permanent teeth.
- Corrective Jaw (Orthognathic) Surgery – This surgical procedure fixes a wide range of dental or skeletal irregularities, including misaligned jaws.
- Cleft Lip & Palate Surgery – This involves the correction of a malformation that is developed in utero which presents as a physical split in the palate and lip.
- Oral Cancers, Tumors, Cysts, & Biopsies – We offer a range of services to extract cancerous cells, cysts, etc. depending on the particular needs of the patient.
- Apicoectomy Procedure – Should an infection develop after a conventional root canal treatment procedure, this treatment consists of removing the infected tooth’s root tissue.
- Sleep Apnea – We offer upper airway treatments for those who suffer from sleep apnea to relieve any obstructions while breathing during sleep.
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery – We also offer procedures that correct physical malformations as a result of aging, disease, injury, and birth defects, as well as restore normal function.