Botox & Juvederm
At Fairview Dental Group, we go beyond just making your smile look great – we want your skin to look good, too! With our Botox and Juvederm treatments, you’ll leave the office with glowing skin to go with your sparkling smile.
What Is Botox?
Botox is an FDA-approved treatment using injections of Clostridium botulinum bacteria that relax the muscles of your face and block nerve impulses. The benefits of botox are both functional and cosmetic. You may use the treatment to reduce wrinkles and lines on the face, or you might target jaw muscles to reduce clenching, which can alleviate headaches and migraines. Botox is an incredibly popular treatment, and millions of Americans have already had great success with it!
Getting Botox Treatment
We want to make sure you are entirely comfortable with your Botox treatment. That’s why we ensure you are in total control of the process – the amount of Botox is measured in units, and you will decide exactly how much you would like the physician to apply.
Here are some other important things to expect for your treatment:
- Time – The length of your appointment will take no longer than 15 minutes.
- Pain – Because we use ice on the injection site prior to administration, you can expect this to be a pain-free experience!
- Recovery – There is virtually no recovery time necessary for Botox injections. You can resume normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Effects – The Botox treatment takes between 5 to 10 days to take full effect. The benefits will then last anywhere from 3 to 6 months, depending on the site of injection.
What Is Juvederm?
Like Botox, Juvederm is also an injection treatment designed to make your skin look youthful and refreshed. However, instead of using a bacteria as we see with Botox injections, Juvederm uses hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in your skin cells. The Juvederm gel replenishes the hyaluronic acid that diminishes in your skin over time, and can be used to reduce lines around the mouth, nose, and forehead. It can also be used for facial contouring and reducing the appearance of scars.
Getting Juvederm Treatment
Patients often find that Juvederm’s smooth gel consistency makes application comfortable and easy. We make sure to always remain in communication about what you want and the results you’re looking for.
Here are couple other things of note regarding your Juvederm appointment:
- Time – Your treatment session should take no longer than 30 minutes.
- Pain – Your doctor will numb the area of your face with a topical anesthetic cream before administration, so the level of pain will be relatively minimal!
- Recovery – It is best not to unnecessarily touch or massage your face for a few days after treatment, and to avoid excess exposure to heat or cold. You may continue your normal make-up routine as desired, but avoid any products that contain alcohol on your face.
- Effects – Patients who have gotten the Juvederm treatment enjoy longer lasting results than with most dermal fillers. You might see results for anywhere from six to nine months, though some patients have had results last as long as a year!
Both of these procedures are excellent options for renewing your skin and removing unwanted lines and wrinkles, leaving you looking fresh and feeling confident. To determine which procedure is best for you, schedule a consultation in our office today!