Wanting perfectly straight teeth without the hassle of braces? Invisalign® may be the perfect solution! This popular system is perfect for adults or older teens, as it uses a series of nearly invisible teeth aligners—which look like clear, thin mouth guards—to move your teeth both horizontally and vertically.
The Benefits of Invisalign®
There are a number of reasons why four million patients have chosen to use this innovative system. Here are some of the advantages to using the Invisalign® program to straighten your teeth:
- Removable – These clear aligners are easy to take in and out, which means you can eat, floss, and brush with ease. This means that you don’t have to avoid any hard foods – just take them out while you eat!
- Invisible – Unlike braces, each aligner is made with a clear plastic that is virtually invisible, so no one will even know they are in use. This means adults and teens alike can enjoy the benefits of the Invisalign® program.
- Convenient – Office visits are only necessary every four to six weeks, but you’ll be able to change to a new pair of aligners every two weeks.
- Fast – The Invisalign® system boasts 50% quicker treatment times, so you can get the smile you want even faster.
Who Can Use Invisalign®?
One of the greatest benefits to Invisalign® is that it is appropriate for nearly any healthy patient. The treatment can adapt to a variety of orthodontic needs. We highly recommend it for those in need of mild to moderate orthodontic treatment, including patients that meet the following criteria:
- In relatively good health, meaning no ailments that would impede the benefits of Invisalign®
- Gaps in teeth
- Underbite, overbite, or crossbite
- Teeth with overcrowding or alignment issues
If you meet any of the above conditions, Invisalign® could be an excellent program for you. However, the best way to determine if you are eligible for this treatment is to schedule a consultation with your dentist.
How Invisalign® Works
- Schedule a consultation. First, you will need to schedule an appointment with Fairview Dental Group to see if Invisalign® is the right fit for your orthodontic needs. Here, your dentist will take a scan of your mouth to create the best treatment plan for you.
- Follow your custom treatment plan. After this initial consultation, you will receive several custom-fit aligners made to facilitate the precise movements of your teeth. You will need to wear your aligners 20-22 hours a day to achieve the best results. Just take them out to eat, brush, and floss!
- Monitor your progress. You’ll start to notice your teeth gradually shifting and changing as you progress with the treatment. You will need to schedule check-ups with your dentist about every six weeks, where they may recommend you begin wearing new aligners every week, as opposed to every two weeks.
- Enjoy your new smile. Once your treatment plan is complete, you might want to work with your dentist to get a custom-made retainer to maintain your beautiful new smile.
Interested in getting your best smile with the Invisalign® process? Contact Fairview Dental Group to set up your consultation today.